I don't remember a month with this many new stakes created
Two new stakes were created in Utah. There are now 572 Stakes in Utah, 6 new this year and 14 temples, with 3 under construction. 37.4% of all stakes in the US are in Utah. CA has 157 and ID has 128, AZ has 96.
One new stake was created in Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast). There are now 6 Stakes in Cote d'Ivoire, 1 this year and 0 temples.
One new stake was created in Argentina. There are now 72 Stakes in Argentina. 1 this year and first since 2011. Argentina is struggling with inactivity, so this is a good sign. 1 temple, 1 under construction.
One new stake was created in Mexico. There are now 227 Stakes in Mexico. 1 this year, 12 temples and 1 under construction.
One new stake was created in the Jamaica. This is the first Stake in the Jamaica.
One new stake was created in Thailand. There are now 3 Stakes in Thailand.
One new stake was created in Zimbabwe. There are 6 Stakes in Zimbabwe. 1 this year and 0 temples. There are 8 new stakes in Africa this year, bringing the total to 86 (10.2% increase) in the US there are 15 new stakes (0.99% increase) - Asia was next with 4 (2.5% increase)
Two new stakes were created in Nigeria. There are now 25 Stakes in Nigeria, 3 this year and 1 temple. (11 more stakes than South Africa which is building a second temple)
Two new stakes were created in the Philippines. There are now 90 Stakes in the Philippines, 2 this year 2 temples and 1 under construction.
26. Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire Niangon South - Jun. 1, 2014
27. Buenos Aires Argentina Chacabuco - June 1, 2014
28. Kingston Jamaica - June 8th, 2014
29. Bangkok Thailand North - June 15th, 2014
30. Dumaguete Philippines - June 15th, 2014
31. Harare Zimbabwe South - June 15th, 2014
32. Hooper Utah Pioneer Trail - June 15th, 2014
33. Ibadan Nigeria - June 15th, 2014
34. Lerma México Stake - June 15th, 2014
35. Taguig Philippines - June 15th, 2014
36. Friedrichsdorf Germany - June 22nd, 2014
37. Enugu Nigeria - June 29th, 2014
38. Riverton Utah Western Springs - June 29th, 2014
From ldschurchgrowth.blogspot.com, later confirmed at www.deseretnews.com/faith/lds-church-news
There are now 3,090 stakes worldwide, with 1,531 in the US (49.5%) and 1,559 outside the US.
The church is on track to create 75 stakes this year, or 1.47 a week. That would require approximately 5 chapels to be built each week. It has been 16 years since the church created over 60 stakes. In 1998, 81 stakes were created, next best was 60 stakes in 2012. While membership growth rate increases have slowed, stake growth has increased, perhaps signaling that the missionary number increase is helping with activity rates ? ? ?
Sorry too many new stakes this month for me to create the maps I enjoy, but you can get boundaries at lds.org/maps, after signing in.