Just a note, I started keeping track of LDS growth statistics when the church launched their web site in 1996. www.lds.org. At that time, they announced 4,719,000 members both in the US and outside. However, I thought a better measure of the strength of the church outside of the US would be stakes. I thought foreign stakes would catch US stakes in 2000, then I predicted 2004. However, it didn't happen until Dec 2012.
Back then (1996) there were 9.4 Million members, Today (Aug 2013) there are 15 million.
All 8 of these December 2012 stakes are outside of the US and now there are 1,503 stakes in the US and 1,503 outside of the US. Exactly 50% / 50% !
Freetown was Stake number 3,000. Kinshasa DR Congo Mokali was stake number 3,006.
58. Cartagena Spain - December 2nd, 2012
59. Freetown Sierra Leone - December 2nd, 2012
60. La Plata Argentina South - December 2nd, 2012
61. Madrid Spain Centro - December 2nd, 2012
62. Bacoor Philippines - December 9th, 2012
63. Carigara Philippines - December 9th, 2012
64. Choluteca Honduras Porvenir - December 16th, 2012
65. Kinshasa DR Congo Mokali - December 16th, 2012
Spain now has 13 stakes and 1 temple
Sierra Leone has one stake.
Argentina now has 71 stakes, 1 temple with 1 on the way
The Philippines now has 85 stakes, 2 temples with 1 on the way
Honduras now has 22 stakes and 1 temple
DR Congo now has 12 stakes and 1 temple on the way
Sorry no Maps, maybe as I catch up with this blog in 2013...